To save data as text:|
If you are using Netscape:
- Select Adv. Search from the options at the top of the page.
- On the Adv. Search page, select the parameters you would like to download.
- Click on "Proceed to Search Page".
- On the Search page, enter defining values for the parameters you have chosen
(Earthquake name, range of magnitudes, etc).
- Click on "Display Results as Tab-Delimited Text".
If you are using Internet Explorer:
- From the menu at the top, choose File - Save As.
- In the dialog box, set File to the name you want.
- For the PC: make the file extension .rtf or .TAB
- For Mac: save as Source.
- Click on Save.
- Start Excel.
- From the menu at the top, select Open, then select your filename.
- Accept all the defaults in the Import Wizard (using TAB as delimiter).
- Save as Excel.
- For the PC: From the menu at the top select View - Source.
- From the top menu Select File - Save As.
- Save as some_filename.TAB, then open this file in Excel.
About Us +
© Copyright 1999-2003, The Regents of the University of California